Monday, December 24, 2007

Jerky

My Paypal account is getting low, so I'm going to try the jerky on ebay business again. I've never had any trouble selling my habanero jerky on ebay, I just never got very enthusiastic about it. I used to sell jerky at a former place of employment, for cash, which was much more enjoyable.

I was going to mix up four pounds today, but I ran out of sauce, so I was able to do only 1 1/2 pounds of habanero, and I turned another half-pound into my original recipe, which has cayenne and sage. So do I want to go to HEB for sauce today? I hate going there on Christmas Eve or even Thanksgiving Eve. I know it's going to be a madhouse.

Anyhow, I should be able to whip up four or five pounds every weekend until I get a good stock built up. I always vacuum-seal it, so it lasts for a long time. The longest I ever let it sit was six months. I think it tasted even better having had a chance to age a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment