Friday, March 25, 2005

File under what are you going to do with that?!

One last post for the day. A few days ago, while standing in the check-out line at Walmart, I noticed the guy in front of me was purchasing six cases of matchbooks. I am a compulsive reader (have I mentioned that?). So it only took me a few seconds to read the fine print on the cases and do the numbers in my head. Six cases, five boxes per case, 50 matchbooks per box, 20 matches per matchbook. The guy was buying 30,000 paper matches.

At least he wasn't like the guy in front of me at H.E.B. one time who was buying 16 boxes of the store brand of sudaphed. After he was gone and I told the checker what was probably going to happen to the stuff, she paled a little and wondered if she should have called the manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment