Friday, April 01, 2005

Ratdog runs amok

I am employed as a meter reader, and let me tell you, this is no joke. Ratdogs have attempted to bite me more often than any other larger dog. A Rottweiler can be dealt with; after all, they are too big to hide inside the hollow of a cinder block, and are easy to spot. They can be felt out easily, they can sometimes be worked around. These little rat b------s will go into such an apoplectic frenzy that they will throw themselves through the holes of a chain-link fence. They also exist mostly in large packs. I mean, think about it, the food that it takes to feed a Rott or Pit Bull (excuse me--American Staffordshire Terrier) can feed a dozen of these little suckers for a year. People who own them, own them in lots. They also have the fecundity of an oversexed rabbit. By all of which I mean, they rarely operate solo like this one apparently did. Fortunately, they are too short to reach over the top of my boots, and too stupid to figure out how to jump when they bite. So I usually just wade through them all, leaving a horde of screaming ratdogs with nothing but the taste of mud and leather in their mouths.

All that said, I must add that these mailmen were wimps if they couldn't deal with one scrawny Chihuahua.

No comments:

Post a Comment