Monday, April 11, 2005

Yep, home sick

I should be working right now but am too knocked down from this thing I caught. It's one those things that starts at the top of the head, rips the throat raw, and keeps going down. So until I knock myself out with some Nyquil or something, I thought I'd just spend some time cruising. Just went over to Cruffler.com to get the C&R forms. I had this license once before, but accidentally let it expire. Now several months later, and I think I'll get it again. There are still a few old guns I'd like to get my hands on, although my funds are not unlimited. During my last stint as a cruffler, I picked up a Hungarian 7.62x54R carbine, a M1923 Argentine Colt (M1911 clone), and a CZ-52 (7.62x25mm pistol). The CZ-52 really draws looks at a public range. It sounds like the cough of God, kicks like nobody's business, and throws empties a good 30 feet before they hit the ground. Fortunately, it throws the empties at an almost perfect 90-degree angle, so I've never had one hit me when shooting left-handed. It is very fun to shoot.

Update: In case you are unfamiliar with the 7.62x25mm round, it is a bottlenecked cartridge that fires an 85 grain bullet at somewhere around 1,400 fps.

No comments:

Post a Comment