Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Meter reading in Terrell Hills today...

...and I'm completely exhausted.

I did want to say that my post yesterday which may have seemed to draw many threads together had a purpose. As far as I know, the main problem with illegal aliens in Arizona (where the original Minuteman Project started) is from just regular folks who are trying to get somewhere where they can make a decent living to support their families. The problem in Texas, which seems to be centered on Laredo/Nuevo Laredo, is much more sinister, involving not only "typical" illegals, but also organized crime and various drug gangs. It will probably take a major operation to have any real effect, and it wouldn't surprise me if the criminals and their ilk who are coming out of that area offered violent reprisals to anyone who stands in their way.

And I think Blogger is on the fritz again. My blog looks all screwed up today (the sidebar is missing, for one thing). Good thing this is only a hobby for me, or I'd be bailing out of here and looking for a real blog service.

2 comments:

  1. How much you want to bet the cops who don't like the Minutemen aren't getting paid off by the smugglers?

    ReplyDelete