Monday, July 25, 2005

A nice new tool

Something I just picked up because it struck my fancy. And it's quite sharp, right out of the package.


I got to thinking that maybe I should add some details.

Overall length: 4 3/4"
Blade: 2 1/4" stainless steel
Full tang. The grips are wood of some sort.

This is a relatively inexpensive knife, which is important, so I won't feel so bad in case I have to ditch it. It came with a sheath with lanyard attached for wearing on the neck. It also has a belt slot on the back so it fits horizontally on the belt. No boot clip.

I should be getting another interesting tool soon. I have a fairly large collection of pocketknives, but it occured to me that I am lacking in fixed-blades. I've also been toying with the idea of a boot knife. I don't know why, I just like the design.

2 comments:

  1. Nice poker. Should anything need poking, it looks like that will poke quite well.

    What's the brand? I can't quite make it out in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name on it says "Tomahawk." It's a made-in-China special.

    ReplyDelete