Monday, September 26, 2005

Hurricane Heat

Some readers may have noticed the little weather sticker in the sidebar. I've had something similar to this on just about every web page I've ever had, because it interests me. However, one should note that this information is taken from a weather station at (I think) Randolph Airforce Base (or possibly Stinson Field), both of which are some distance from where I actually live. I have a mini-weather station at my own house which recorded a wild temperature variance yesterday, with a low of 69 at about 7:00 AM and a high of 109 at about 4:30 PM. I think this is what's left of Rita's energy falling apart and washing out over the country for hundreds of miles. High temperatures should return to the high 90's in a couple of days. Actually, they are predicting a high of only 89 for Friday. Won't that be nice.

Oh yeah, the kids have a day off school because of a "teacher's work day." So I'm home baby-sitting today instead of working. I get to hide from the heat, this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment