Saturday, October 15, 2005

Cool weather = barbecue time

After the long, intensely hot summer we finally have some cool weather. By which I mean, high 60's for the low and high 80's for the high. That means it's time to barbecue. So instead of sitting inside all day today, reading blogs and posting things of my own, I'm going to be outside, smoking my pipe, barbecuing a couple of shoulder roasts and a sausage, and reading a couple of new gun magazines that came in the mail this week.

I prefer shoulder roast to brisket, if I'm doing it myself. I think the roast tastes better. My dad was always a brisket guy, but after he had my barbecued roast he changed his mind.

I use a Black Diamond model New Braunfels Smoker. I like to use wood hunks at the ratio of about 3/4 mesquite and 1/4 hickory. I don't use propane (sorry Hank).

No comments:

Post a Comment