Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Divorce, a Protective Order, and a 9mm Glock

From the Salt Lake Tribune:
Until Christmas Eve 1996, she had never contemplated carrying a gun.

Then her husband beat her.

The woman, of Salt Lake City, promptly got a divorce and a protective order - and a 9mm Glock pistol.

'I was always terrified of guns. But my fear of my ex-husband became far greater than my fear of guns. I saw what he was capable of,' said the woman.
This is a great story. Just read it. Comes with pictures of a man checking out a photo-realistic thug target and a young lady shooting her gun. Last quote:
"When I do pick up my gun to do target practice or whatever, I just feel like, 'Wow, this is empowering,' " she said. "I never thought I would get over [being afraid of guns] and it's nice to know a little lady like me can protect myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment