Saturday, November 12, 2005

A small personal mystery solved

Earlier this, month, I noticed a flag flying at half-staff, and couldn't figure out why. Now, after catching up on all kinds of news from my newsfeed subscriptions, I have found it:
Texas flags on state property will be lowered to half-staff tomorrow in memory of Rosa Parks.

Governor Rick Perry says the flags will be lowered as a mark of respect for Parks and the pivotal role she played in the civil rights movement. Perry says it seems fitting that all Texas flags be flown at half-staff on the day she is laid to rest.

Flags will be lowered at the state Capitol, Capitol complex, Governor`s Mansion and all state office buildings and facilities across Texas tomorrow.
My job requires me to drive all over the San Antonio area. The one flag that I saw flying at half-staff was at the Chevron convenience store in China Grove. It was kept lowered for several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment