Friday, November 11, 2005

Surprise! Senator Hinojosa won't be facing charges

DA dismisses gun charges against Senator Hinojosa:
State Senator Juan Hinojosa won't be facing gun charges after he was arrested at an airport carrying a handgun.

[...]

Hinojosa released the following statement:

"I am relieved that the Grand Jury chose not to prosecute in this unfortunate incident where I absent-mindedly carried a licensed, concealed weapon through airport security. I am well aware, however, that many will see this as special treatment. I have read, and listened, to the many letters to the editors and comments on talk radio, and I understand where people are coming from. I have, though, heard from ordinary citizens, people I did not know personally, that they believe the system worked as it should — and that our heightened national security efforts were effective and the judicial system took its time in looking at the incident and making their judgment. I want to thank the citizens of South Texas for their understanding and patience during this unfortunate incident."
Yeah, sure, Juan. Whatever.

Previous:
Must be nice to be one of the ruling elite
"Nobody in their right mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment