Wednesday, November 09, 2005

This is weird

Blogger has a setting for "Show this blog on our listings?" which I had set to "NO" for a long time. I wanted to try and get more accurate hit counts, so setting this to no would keep it from being included in the list when someone hit the "next blog" button and got sent to a random blog. Unfortunately, I had discovered that this setting also prevents many search engines, including Google, from being able to index the site. Last week I set it back to "YES" so that I could use Google to search my own blog, and yesterday it appears that this blog has somehow been included as an actual news source by Topix.net. I guess it's time to turn the switch back to "NO."

2 comments:

  1. Why wouldn't you want that?

    What you say here is generally more reliable than anything produced in the "mainstream" press--particularly when it comes to accuracy about gun issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh. Good point (and thanks). It's staying on "yes."

    ReplyDelete