Thursday, December 29, 2005

I'm sure this will be fair and balanced...

MTV (yeah, that MTV) is going to show a documentary (or something) examining how "guns are changing the lives of four young people in very different ways." Quote:
The program features a convicted felon, a gang member, a hunter and a crime victim who is now an advocate of armed self-defense to present the various sides of the gun debate. Several gun rights advocates immediately challenged MTV's math.

'It's a bit offensive that 50 percent of the people they've chosen to feature as being 'gun owners' are people who are obviously breaking the law and probably acquired their firearms illegally,' Erich Pratt of Gun Owners of America said of the gang member and the convict. 'When you look at the statistics, it's only a fraction of 1 percent of the 'gun owners' in the country who ever use firearms in an illegitimate way.'
Oops, basic math already promises an equation that is far from balanced. And I had such high hopes. I think I'll do something more constructive than watching this. I'm sure there will be a rerun of Invader Zim or something on.

UPDATE: I was right. Big Trouble in Little China was on again.