Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Mayor Barry robbed at gunpoint, refuses to enforce own laws

All I can say is un-freakin'-believable. Read it for yourself:
D.C. Council member Marion Barry today urged the two young men who he said robbed him at gunpoint in his own kitchen Monday night to turn themselves in, but pledged he would ask authorities not to prosecute them.

[...]

"To this young man who did this to me, I have no animosity," Barry said. "I don't even want you prosecuted. I love you. Give yourself up. Call the police. Let them know that you engage in these activities. I will do all to advocate non-prosecution."
Stomp legal gun-owner's rights into the ground, and then refuse to enforce the laws that you helped to make so that some thugs can go free. What is wrong with this guy? Is he still on crack?

UPDATE: Just had to add some afterthoughts. I hope that all the murderers, muggers, burglars and other sub-human scum of D.C. realize that they may now all attack Barry with complete impunity. He's fair game, folks! And you won't even have to worry about prosecution. (I am still shaking my head in utterly astounded disbelief).

UPDATE 2: Moorewatch makes an astute observation.

tnx to The Beer Postulate