Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Schott in the Dark

From The Gazette-Enterprise of nearby Seguin:
La Vernia Mayor Pro Tem Harold Schott retired from the San Antonio Police Department after a 33-year career.

One would be wise not to charge at him with a weapon, because he is a deadly-accurate shooter. Not one of his bullets hit outside the “bread basket” area on his target, and a couple of holes were on dead center in the bullseye.

But Schott was renewing his concealed handgun license by taking Cope’s class, and he explained the reason for it:

“If you go to buy a new shotgun, even if you’re in a policeman’s uniform, you have a five-day wait for an FBI background check. If you have a concealed handgun license, you could have the gun today. If you want to purchase a gun, a license makes it easier,” Schott said.
Wrong! Texas has no state waiting period. Period.

I would have assumed an ex-Only One would know that.

And yes, I noticed that his statement also reeks of elitism. But then I suppose that's par for the course.

Via Front Sight, Press.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say that I never had a problem paying for a gun and walking out with it.

    Did I see you working near the end of Canyon Gulf road last week? Y'all looked like you were installing a water service at Misty waters on the corner house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't do installations. I would be one of the guys you see walking from house to house as fast as I can with a long metal hook in one hand and a handheld computer thingy in the other.

    ReplyDelete