Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Idiot AJ* in Dallas

UPDATE: Looks like I was wrong, sort of. Instead of pulling the race card, she pulled the gender card. But hey, there's still plenty of time.

Everybody already knows about this, I suppose. I haven't watched the video because I'm on dial-up and downloading videos takes a while. Also I've already read enough about it that I think watching it would be a waste of time.

So here's my take: this pathetic excuse for a woman is just another celebrity idiot savant. Not much of a celebrity, I admit, being only a TV news hound in Dallas, but still. Her skill is reading a teleprompter and looking like she knows what she's talking about. Notice I said looking like, because like all celebrity idiot savants, she actually hasn't the slightest clue as to what is right and what is wrong, or what should be done and what should not be done. She has this fatal character flaw in common with all the other celebrity idiot savants who assault our consciousness every day. To her, this was just another grab for attention, and she was so caught up in her own arrogance that she couldn't see she was going to get hammered for it.

I hope she has learned now, but I doubt it. I expect her to pull the racial card on this one. In fact, I think her actions are probably racially motivated, but that's just my hunch. I have nothing to back it up.

My prediction: A year from now she'll have her own talk show on Univision, specializing in how the evil bolillos persecuted her out of her job.

Also: she is not the only one at fault. All those other people who were involved in approving this story are just as at fault as she is. She is only the scapegoat. The entire management of that station should all be fired.

UPDATE: A couple of weeks ago this imbecile was awarded "Broadcast Journalist of the Year honors from the National Association of Hispanic Journalists." And now:
NAHJ wrote the station manager late Thursday urging that Rebecca Aguilar be reinstated "for the sake of good journalism and maintaining your newscasts' credibility in the local community and national journalism community."
There's a shocker. I expect LULAC and La Raza must be working themselves into a mighty fine lather right about now, and we'll be hearing from them soon, as well. If NAHJ were really paying attention they would know exactly how the "local community" feels about her. But they are obviously dedicated to supporting someone based solely on her racial heritage rather than her actual ability or talent.

Via A Keyboard and a .45.

*AJ = "Authorized Journalist."

No comments:

Post a Comment