Thursday, January 03, 2008

Journalists doing research

Here's an interesting search hit, apparently from some media company. I hope they found what they were looking for.

9x18 Makarov is nothing "American." It's just 9x18 Makarov.

The "9" is roughly the diameter of the bullet in millimeters. The "18" is the length of cartridge case in millimeters. It is intermediate in power between the .380 ACP (also known as 9x17) and the 9mm Parabellum (also known as 9x19).

Sometimes I wish they would just send an email and ask. I would be happy to supply any information I could.

3 comments:

  1. I always wonder about those zero second visits. I get about 150 a day regarding questions I could probably answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zero-second visits just mean that the stat tracker couldn't track how long they were there. If they close the window or hit the back button, it can't tell how long they spent there. They have to click through a link on your page for the tracker to record a duration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course they wouldn't ask you the question directly. Then it wouldn't be sneaky research. 'Cause, you know, they are being sneaky.

    ReplyDelete