Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Naked bigotry at Facebook

From Forbes.com:
Last week Ignatius Piazza submitted pay-per-click ads on Facebook, one of the nation's largest online communities, offering a Front Sight 4 Day Handgun Training course, plus 1 Day 30 State Concealed Weapon Permit Course for pennies-on-the-dollar and capped off the offer with a free Springfield Armory XD Handgun in 9mm, .40SW, or .45 ACP for the first 5,000 who respond -- thus making a commitment of over $3 million dollars in free handguns.

Piazza was stunned when Facebook rejected his ad stating, it violated Point 6 of Facebook's advertising guidelines which reads, "Provocative images will not be accepted. Ads may not contain, facilitate or promote adult content, including nudity, sexual terms and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive or sexual. Ads may not contain, facilitate or promote offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene, or inappropriate language. Ads may not contain, facilitate or promote defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content."
I love it when the enemy makes it so clear where they stand.

via Conservative Scalawag

2 comments:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me how even when you try to work within the letter of the law with the left they still insist that it means what they say it means.

    I recently had an argument with a bunch of craigslist users about an ad I posted. I made sure all my i's were dotted and t's were crossed to not violate their TOU, but people still flagged me simply because they didn't like my post.

    Dr. Piazza's offer is truly amazing; I wish I could afford to take him up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my blog were big enough to catch his attention.

    ReplyDelete