Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Yikes

I gave my wife some jerky samples to take to her work and see if anyone there wanted to actually buy some. I did actually put some on eBay today but it looks like I'll have to hold off on any further auctions because the demand locally is already more than I can handle. I have only three pounds of meat left, I guess I better get busy.

Any of you S.A. locals know of an H.E.B. located somewhere in the southeast? I tried going to that one on W.W. White north of Rigsby but that parking lot there makes my Spidey-sense go totally haywire. Although I must admit they have the most varied selection of MD 20/20 I've ever seen.

I got lucky yesterday and was working in the Great Northwest, so I stopped by the one at Culebra and 1604 to get some meat before I reported in (took an extra ice chest with me just to keep it cold). I guess I could always try the one on Nogalitos.

3 comments:

  1. I think there is a nice one on the corner of highway 87 right off of 410 at the sulphur springs exit.

    They built that place up pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now gator-jerky is interesting stuff. Not that I've ever had any as they are a protected species. But its still good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're legal to kill here now, but the extra taxes that must be paid for permission to kill the king's reptiles are prohibitive.

    ReplyDelete