Saturday, February 09, 2008

A sad first

Loren Coleman at The Copycat Effect points out that the recent Louisiana Tech shooting has broken a gender barrier: the first time a female has committed mass murder against classmates.

The Copycat Effect: Shootings Shatter Gender Barrier

There have been females who committed mass murder in a school setting before, but they were "outsiders," not a student or member of the faculty there herself.

These mass murders that keep coming more and more frequently at what seems more and more critical times are not just random acts of insanity, in my opinion. Feel free to call me a paranoid nutjob if you want, but something is going on here.

As Mr. Coleman says, "Be aware. Be alert. Be safe."

I would add, "Be prepared," if you know what I mean and I think you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment