Saturday, March 15, 2008

Final Answers

In case anyone is interested, here are the answers to the movie quotes that no one answered.

1. I think the end of the world just came for that bag of Fritos I had in my pants pocket.

Spoken by Scott Wilson as Captain Billy Cutshaw in The Ninth Configuration.

2. Don't make me take off my sunglasses!

Spoken by the character Griss in Bringing Out the Dead. In spite of this being a Nicholas Cage vehicle (get it? vehicle? yuk yuk), I think it's actually a pretty cool movie. Griss is sort of a bouncer for an emergency room, if I recall correctly. Anywho, this is one of my favorite movie lines, and I have adapted it for my own on occasion with the variation: Don't make me put down my pipe!

5. He used to bring beautiful women here... eat fine meals, drink fine wine, listen to music... but it always ended with screaming.

Spoken by Jeffrey Combs as Crawford Tillinghast in From Beyond.

9. We prefer the term, "connoisseurs."

I'm not surprised no one got this one. It's from a movie that I consider a favorite because it is so unbelievably stupid. Spoken by Alan Brock as Dr. Ernst Prell in Shriek of the Mutilated (a.k.a. Bigfoot Terror). If you are a fan of stupid gore films (as I am, or used to be), be sure to see this film. This line is his answer to the accusation, "You...you're cannibals!"

I enjoyed this meme and I hope it makes the rounds again sometime, because there are plenty of other movies to remember with memorable quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment