Saturday, March 22, 2008

Restaurant report

This evening we went out to eat. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it's the one in St. Hedwig that's located at the intersection of FM 1346 and FM 1516 (east of San Antonio out FM 1346). Even my dad was impressed: "That's the first time I've eaten at a new restaurant and not been disappointed in a long time." High praise indeed from my dad. He had their catfish plate.

I had a dish called Southwest Chicken something or other. Grilled chicken breast covered with Monterey Jack cheese, sauteed onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and crumbled bacon. Onion rings and green beans on the side. The food was excellent except for the onion rings and the waitress kept my tea glass filled. If a waitress can keep up with me on iced tea, she's really on the ball.

Next time I'm going to try their Chicken Marinara, grilled chicken breast covered with marinara sauce and grilled mushrooms.

Stay away from the onion rings, they aren't all that great. Otherwise, I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment