Friday, July 04, 2008

The day

I was barbecuing by dawn's early light this morning, trying to get it all done before it either got too hot or started raining, or both. It never did get very warm (only hit about 85) and we got only a brief shower in the afternoon. My dad came over and we feasted on barbecued beef, sausage and hot dogs for the kids. Pinto beans, salad and corn on the cob completed the meal. Plenty of iced tea for everyone and cake for desert.

I hope all my legions of readers had a safe one. Even out here in the sticks the fireworks are scant this year because of the drought. No fireworks at all at this household, but I'll be taking the kids shooting in the next few days to remedy that.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. No fireworks, so then pop off a few rounds. I can deal with that.

    There's nothing like the smell of gunpowder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have sent you some rain to help... our part of the state has gotten enough lately that there was a little concern about fireworks possibly being rained out. They happened, though.

    ReplyDelete