Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I didn't dream it

Last night I went to sleep watching a documentary about the Roman Empire on the History Channel. Something momentarily almost snapped me out of my lethargy. I remember thinking something like, "what? wow! is it...I'll look it up in the morning."

So I looked it up. From Peter Weller's bio at imdb.
He teaches a literature and fine arts class at Syracuse University. He can be seen on The History Channel's new documentary on Roman engineering.

He holds a master's degree in Roman and Renaissance art and is working toward a Ph.D. One of Syracuse University's most popular professors.
He is also a jazz pianist and trumpeter, and he graduated from Alamo Heights HS!

2 comments:

  1. On surprising alternate careers: Of course you know Terry Jones of Monty Python fame is also a professor (I can't remember if it's at Oxford or Cambridge), but the one that really startled me was Michael White, the "white guy" in The Thompson Twins, a science writer for GQ and advisor to the Discovery Channel, a Research Fellow at Curtin University in Australia, and author of over 20 books, most recently biographies of Tolkien and C. S. Lewis (very decently written). Go figure. --Brer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I enjoy Weller's histoey channel show..although not as much as robocop.

    ReplyDelete