Friday, October 10, 2008

And since it's Friday I had to wash the truck when I finished

Another terrible picture from today's work. It's the worst route I have. I made a special request for them to send me out alone so no one else would get stuck out there with me waiting for me to finish. An all-motor route that covers Perrin Beitel, Nacogdoches, Thousand Oaks, and that whole big area. It takes me nearly 7 hours to read 385 meters. The guy who usually does it can do it in about 5 1/2. I don't know how he can do it so fast.

This photo is of a spot on the back side of Nacogdoches Road where most people don't go by accident. There are two meters back there in that brush, and if you make one wrong step it's twisted ankle time, or worse. One time I spooked a homeless guy back there, and as he lumbered away I thought, wow, he walks just like that Bigfoot in that old film. By the way I don't know what those meters service. The address of the place is on Bulverde Road, but the meters are all the way in the back on another road and I can't see what's on the other side of the creek. I forgot to mention the creek. The meters are on a creek bank.

No Saturday overtime this week. This was my "hard week," when all the routes are pretty tough. I'm taking a break. Next week will be a piece of cake compared to this one.

1 comment:

  1. What a spooky area! I wonder what decision-making process came up with the conclusion that that place would be good for water meters.

    ReplyDelete