Saturday, December 27, 2008

Doing stuff

Today I've been trying to learn how to use Avidemux. They say it's not really made for beginners, and I think they're right. But after some hours of fiddling with it, I think I can safely say that I'm on the right track, and if I can sink a few more hours into it this coming week I should have a pretty good handle on it by next weekend. My next step is learning to how keep the audio synced with the video.

I really want to use it for only one thing: clipping the commercials out of certain programs and then re-saving them to DVD. My computer doesn't have a DVD burner, but it does have an S-video output which I have already used to make a few test recordings with my DVD recorder. Now that I have a better and I hope more permanent form of storage than videotapes, I am going to try and build a new collection of a certain kind of movie that I have been thinking about for several years.

I also have a couple of DVDs that I have not been able to play on my computer because it doesn't even recognize that there's a disc in the drive when I tried to play them, and today I hooked the old DVD player up to the new DVD recorder via S-video and audio patch cords and recorded them. I plan on writing up a post about one of them soon, now that I can take screen captures of it.

The weather was so nice today that we opened up all the windows and aired the place out. It was very refreshing. I hope we can do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment