Monday, January 12, 2009

Essential supplies for TEOTWAWKI

2,112 bristle pipe cleaners. I've been trying to score a big lot like this, but I prefer "churchwarden" length cleaners, which I use for all my pipes.

Gun folks: you may already know that pipe cleaners are good for cleaning out the nooks and crannies of guns, but what you may not know is that the chenielle stems that you find at Walmart are barely passable as pipe cleaners. Furthermore, for really stubborn jobs, hunt down bristle pipe cleaners, which are just like regular pipe cleaners except they have numerous tiny nylon bristles that really help break loose the harder gunk.

I usually keep both the cheap chenielle stems and some good (real) pipe cleaners on hand for various uses--mostly to clean pipes, but the other day I couldn't find any stems at Walmart. Worrisome. So I've been looking at wholesale lots of pipe cleaners. Yes, I could spend $60 for 2,000 pipe cleaners, but they would have to be churchwarden length unless I was really hard up for pipe cleaners. The last time I bought pipe cleaners, and it's been a while, they were $1.50 for 36, which works out to nearly $90 for 2,000 cleaners. So I should be able to save a few bucks if I can find a wholesale lot that's meant for resale.

On the other hand, this is a total rip-off.

And this is just weird. But still cool, in a useless sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment