Friday, February 06, 2009

Everything talks on Living Island

I have been revisiting my childhood lately by watching this. Remember it? How I would love to go back in time and poke around their sets. What a totally surrealistic trip that would be.

When I was five years old, H.R. Pufnstuf was my favorite show. I watched it every Saturday morning with near religious fervor, if a 5-year-old can have near religious fervor. I still have a record of songs from the show that I got as a member of the fan club (my mother signed me up). Someday soon I'll have to drag it out and post some jacket scans as evidence.

I'm sure my dedication to the show as a small child had some lasting impact on me. I'm just not sure exactly what that impact was. But if you've ever read anything on this blog that made you think, man, what happened to that guy when he was a kid, this may have been what happened.

I think I'll have to hunt down Lidsville next.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I remember H.R. Pufnstuf, but nobody else I know does! They just give me blank stares when I bring up the show, and I was beginning to think maybe I had imagined that whole strange experience. Thank God there's somebody out there that will back me up and say H.R. was real!

    I think.

    ReplyDelete