Thursday, February 12, 2009

The things you gotta go through to bootleg a few songs these days...

I had this bright idea that I would freshen up my already bloated mp3 collection by capturing a few songs from some of the Sirius channels on DishNetwork now and then.

The good news is: it worked. That bad news is: the whole process took me a lot longer than I thought it would.

Ah well. Perhaps with practice I will get better and faster at it. Also, I picked probably the hardest station to bootleg from: SPA (new age). Figuring out where one piece ends and the next one begins can be somewhat tricky with that genre (hee hee--I can't use that word without giggling--although it's not nearly as funny as oeuvre (hee hee)). I'll try the 80s channel next, because I know cutting those songs into discrete tracks will be something I can just about do in my sleep.

Not much going on here the past few days because my wife has been off work, and I don't do much computer time when she's home. Also I've had a hard few days at work and have been dog-tired when I get home. Today was much easier. I have been doing some downloading, which doesn't require my presence at the computer once I get it started. Got a new album that sounds quite promising and I'll comment on it a.s.a.p.

No comments:

Post a Comment