Thursday, September 10, 2009

All the bad news at once...

I am thankful for all the rain.  However, I really hate working in it.  Two days in a row that I was soaked to the bone for at least 4 hours--it's still far too hot to wear a raincoat.  I am not feeling entirely well at the moment.

I am now on my last bowl of Bayou Night until I can order more.  Most likely it will be at least a week before I get a fresh supply.

The news on my trucks is very bad--it's shot.  I'm going to throw down about $2,000 for a used engine.

I have to go to a family reunion this weekend, and I already don't want to be there.  I can feel a sick coming on.  The only plus I can see is that, if all goes as planned, we're going to take the kids to see Longhorn Caverns for the first time.  It will be about the fifth time for me.  My family has a connection with those caverns that goes way back.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I last visited the Caverns.

    I can understand the yucky feeling, I've had that for a few days, fighting it best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place in there where the two names are carved in the rock: the woman was my grandmother's first cousin and the man was that woman's cousin via another branch of her family. They weren't in there to fool around, like the guide always insinuates. They were just in there to get out of the summer heat. Going back to my great-grandfather, I had relatives and ancestors who went inside there all the time just because it was cool or just for the fun of exploring, or sometimes for guano to use as fertilizer. That was back before it was taken over by the state and turned into a tourist attraction.

    ReplyDelete