Saturday, September 05, 2009

Shocked

My son was watching a cartoon on DisneyXD earlier called Static Shock. I've semi-watched a couple of these before. It's a cartoon about a teenage super hero who has static electrical powers.

Well, it's Disney. This was a Christmas-time themed episode, and when I heard a mention of Kwanzaa I wasn't surprised. However, I was surprised a few minutes later in the show when the main character was feeling bad that he had made another commitment that conflicted with attending a Christmas church service. Well, Static did make it to the service, and toward the end of the show, I was utterly astounded to hear a bit of the preacher's sermon where he actually referred to his congregation as "the body of Christ." Shocked and astounded. On a Disney channel. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment