Saturday, August 14, 2010

The lundehund

I got an interesting comment on an old post from the Eponym blog. Readers who have been around long enough may remember the Maine mystery dog. Here's the comment:
In 2001 I moved to Maine from North Carolina and I sold a lundehund there, This dog had extra toes, just like a lunde, I believe I may have been the cause of all of this. Sorry to say it but I thought the man I had sold the puppy to would have it neutered not allow it to breed in with the regular dogs around the area, do a search on lundehunds and you will see what I am talking about
Wikipedia: Lundehund. The dog in the photo there has the same kind of odd snout that the dead dog did. I think this may be the solution to this mystery. I don't recall ever hearing any results of the DNA tests that were supposed to have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment