Friday, August 20, 2010

Presumptive alert

If I ever disappear for a while and stop blogging, it's most likely because my computer has finally given up its final ghost and I can't afford to buy a new one right away.

I had to restart the thing again after a crash last night; fortunately I have become quite adept at this and do backups so often that I rarely lose anything important. It's just a major pain, of course.

This time something new happened upon the restart. After I installed Avira Anti-Virus, it wouldn't run. I puzzled over it for a while before finally noticing that it said it had expired. This is the free personal version, and it expires every once in a while, necessitating a new download of the install program. The thing was, it said my copy had expired on 9/1/2011. So I checked the computer's date setting and somehow it had started in the year 5969.

Voluntary OT tomorrow. Mandatory next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment