Monday, November 15, 2010

1985

The last three records I have grabbed to rip have all been from 1985, although I was not intentionally selecting them for that; it has been more of a hey-I-haven't-heard-that-one-in-a-while method.

Stormtroopers of Death - Speak English or Die
Tommy Shaw - What If
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

Makes me think maybe I should come up with some playlists based solely on the year of release. This is not as difficult as it sounds; my archiving method uses the year of the release as part of the directory name--although only for full albums. There are lots of singles that I would have to pore through selectively.

1 comment:

  1. Brothers in Arms is a great album. It is so 1980s, and yet timeless. And it is Dire Straits at the band's best. I could listen to it all day.

    ReplyDelete