Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ever'body I met seemed to be a rank stranger...

I'm still waiting to hear something from GVEC. Tomorrow, I hope.

I have been watching my YouTube traffic and am finding it interesting. The vast majority of hits come from YouTube searches. Here are the top five.

H.R. Pufnstuf (theme song) -- The first one I uploaded and it's a runaway winner, currently at 99 views.

Kathy Dalton "I Need You Tonight" -- This one languished in obscurity for the first several days, then suddenly began shooting up the chart and currently has 66 views. There is another Kathy Dalton singer who may be getting confused with this one. Not sure. I'm going to upload at least one more from this record if I ever get the chance, another love ballad called "Pour Your Wine."

H.R. Pufnstuf "Ice Cold Lemonade" -- Currently with 43 views and this one has me puzzled. I didn't think it would be near the top of the chart.

H.R. Pufnstuf (theme song, reprise) -- This held #2 for quite a while but has slipped. Currently at 39 views.

H.R. Pufnstuf "End of the Road" -- At 30 views. I expect the Pufnstuf tracks to slip down and some of the other ones to come up and replace them. Currently working their way up are Mark Mothersbaugh "My Home Town" at 27 views and Thomas Jefferson "If I Could Be With You" at 25.

One other note: I received a message from one of the guys in Terra Incognita thanking me for posting their song "Rank Stranger" from the Potatoes album. You can download a free mp3 of "Rank Stranger" from his website, Max Carmichael.

I have also discovered that there is nothing by The Jaye Consort on YouTube, so I think I will also post some from their out of print Medieval Music album, if possible, in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment