Friday, April 15, 2011

Got a Roku today

Roku, in case you've never heard of the device. Spent a while going through it and figuring out what I can watch for free or minimal cost. Already have a Netflix account, so I set that up so now I can watch some of the not-so-safe-for-kids stuff on my TV instead of the big TV in the living room where the Wii is. When I upgraded out internet to high speed, the first thing I did was set up the Wii to stream from Netflix. Man, what a ridiculous luxury that is.

Anyhow, I haven't actually watched anything on it yet, but I probably will later tonight. I'm still trying to talk my wife into dumping DishNetwork. Especially since one whole year of Amazon Prime costs only slightly more than one month of our DishNetwork bill.

My daughter is spending the night at a friend's and my wife is at work, but my son and I streamed Toy Story 3 from Netflix tonight. I thought it was quite good.

3 comments:

  1. The most important question in our house would be- does it include BBC-America?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but since BBC America has become one of the suckiest channels there is in the last few years, it doesn't matter. I can see more British that I actually WANT to see by streaming. For the last couple of years that I had BBCA, the only thing I watched was Doctor Who.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I'm wondering-
    And Top Gear

    ReplyDelete