Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Beethoven's Last Night (mp3 download)

What do you get when some progressive metalists (is that a word?) create a tribute to Ludwig van Beethoven? You get this:


This turned up in my subscription for digital downloads from Amazon.com this morning and I figured, what the hey, can't lose for $2.99. I've been listening to it today, although I haven't had time to finish it (73 minutes long), and I like it. No Christmas music on this one; it's all based on Beethoven except for a little that's based on Mozart.

If you don't like bombast in your music, then you probably want to avoid it, but if you listen to any kind of metal at all you've probably developed either a liking or a tolerance for bombast anyway.

So yeah, I think $2.99 is a steal for this download. It comes with a "digital booklet" (pdf file) that I haven't read yet, one commenter recommended listening to the full album while reading along in the booklet at least once. I'll have to try that sometime.

1 comment: