Saturday, May 07, 2011

A couple more movies

I forgot to mention these because I didn't like them so much and I was still kind of buzzing from seeing the two that I really liked.

Well, Netflix does have some badfilms, for example Redneck Zombies which is one of my favorites, and it looks like they also have just about everything Troma ever did. By the way, I watched the original The Toxic Avenger a few weeks ago, the first time I've seen it since it was released to video in the 80s. It's still just as great and stupid as ever (I forgot to rate it; I think I'll give it 4 stars). One of the movies I recently tried to watch was called Zombiethon. Here's the storyline from imdb: "A compilation of trailers and previews from films having to do with zombies."

I don't know why I ever bothered to add this one my instant queue. I watched about 5 minutes of it and gave up. Gave it 1 star ("Hated it!") So I guess if you want a random collection of scenes of zombie gore, this is for you. If you like to watch something with a bit of a plot, or at least some slight indication of coherence, then it's not for you.

The other one was The Lost Boys: The Tribe. This was a 2008 sequel to the original. Corey Feldman reprises his role as Edgar Frog, who now lives in a tiny trailer and shapes surf boards for a living. Of course, he's still a vampire hunter. The other Corey (Haim), turns up only in a stinger added on to the end after the first bit of credits roll, and I'll not say more about that in case you want to see it sometime. So anyway, this older-teenage guy and his younger-teenage sister move to town to live in an old house on their aunt's place because their parents have both died. And...it's about the same as the first movie. The girl gets turned into one of those half-vampires like the guy did in the original and her brother teams up with Edgar to save her. Not nearly as good as the original, in my opinion. I gave it a "meh" rating of 3 stars, mostly for nostalgia's sake. I haven't yet watched the the next sequel, The Lost Boys: The Thirst of 2010, but it's in my queue. I don't expect a whole lot from it, either.

P.S. Netflix now has another favorite badfilm: Shriek of the Mutilated. I checked on this one last year and they didn't have it yet at that time. They also now have The Legend of Bigfoot, which I remember seeing in the theater when I was a kid. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment