Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tonight

We had our Halloween festival at church tonight, and they put on a pretty good spook house.  I went through it with my daughter because they wouldn't let kids go through it unaccompanied.  But as I told her, they don't scare me or even spook me.  They just irritate me because I don't like loud noises and the strobe lights make me feel sick.

A 20-something girl behind us freaked out and went back about 1/3 through.  My son (who is 10) went through with another adult and said it was scary.  My daughter (who is 12) said it wasn't scary.  She laughed most of the time, which is what I was doing.  After we came out, I heard her tell a friend of hers:  "I don't scream.  I either laugh or stab."*  G-d I feel sorry for any future boyfriend(s) of hers.

I still think they need something at least a little Lovecraftian in it.  Maybe next year I'll see if I can come up with a Cthulhu mask.  I think it would work okay for "the thing that crawls out of the well."



*Can I get that on a t-shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment