Saturday my daughter told me something like this: "My stupid science teacher put macaroni and popcorn into the microwave at the same time, and it caught fire. We had to evacuate the building."
I didn't believe her. It sounded too ridiculous.
She just showed me the letter that was sent home with her from school. "Due to an incident involving a microwave on Friday the school was evacuated as a precaution. At no time were any students in actual danger."
So...apparently putting macaroni and popcorn into a microwave at the same time is almost as bad as popping Jiffy Pop in a microwave.
Also, her science teacher apparently can't use a microwave without setting off the fire alarms. Figures.