Saturday, July 06, 2013

On the topic of that Bigfoot allegedly shot in San Antonio

I have just spent a while watching this full playlist:  The Man Who Cried Bigfoot.  It's a home-made, from-the-ground "documentary" about that spot in S.A. where Rick Dyer claims to have shot a Bigfoot.  I find it interesting.  Some of the homeless people who are living here are interviewed.  You can take or leave whatever they say.

I would like to point out that in the first clip he points out large clumps of "scat" lying around and says that they are old but there are no cattle there.  I can conclusively state that there were cattle there up to about 2 years ago, long before any of the people living there now where there.  I know because I read the water meter at this property every month and I used to see cattle there all the time.  I didn't see many, maybe only 3 or 4 head.  The water service that was installed there was for the sole purpose of filling a cow trough.  After the cattle were removed, the trough was also removed, but the hydrant is still there (it hasn't used any water since the trough was removed).  If you watch closely in the video below you can see a white pipe sticking up out of the grass to the right of center at about the 2:50 to 2:53 mark; that's the hydrant.  [Correction:  it's visible in my original video, but after uploading too much resolution is lost; you can't see it.]

I'm not going to say that Bigfoot exists or not.  As a true skeptic (not an active disbeliever), I have seen no proof either way so I won't draw any conclusions.  However, in spite of everything the interviewees state, I think that Bigfeet (Bigfoots?) living in this little patch of forest is highly unlikely, given the amount of food and water a pair of Sasquatches would probably require.

I made this collection of video clips with my phone the last time I read this route, primarily for the purpose of showing how much activity is going on around here.  How on earth could a pair of Bigfeet(?) live here and not get hit by cars out on 1604 or 151?  They would have to roam to find enough food.  For that matter, I would think that there would be a lot more sightings just because they would have to be scavenging in people's garbage, and a lot of people live around here.

By the way, when they say that they've seen mountain lions here, I completely believe them.

I would also add that if I were the owner of this property, and someone was going around claiming to have shot a Bigfoot on it, they would be in a hellish nightmare of legal trouble.

Anyway, here are a bunch of short clips from around the area that I took with my phone and patched all together into one video.  On the subject of that, I used the software Avidemux and it's a pretty cool tool.  I think I might have to make more little videos like just for fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment