Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sudden Increase in Firepower

Several months ago a friend of mine who has moved far away (but still remains in Texas) told me by email that he had a lot of extra reloading stuff taking up space, and he was going to load me up some practice ammo. This weekend, after I had long ago completely forgotten about it, the package arrived. Included was over 100 rounds each of .357 Magnum and .45 ACP, as well as 237 rounds of .40 S&W.

I had at one time decided that I would give the XD40 a break-in of 500 rounds before I started carrying it. Right now I"m at 200. This 237 plus the 100 rounds of Wolf I recently purchased will put me over the top. Time to buy a holster.

Time for another trip to the range.

He also sent me his .40 S&W dies, since he has now used up all his .40 material, has no .40 himself, and doesn't see any reason to keep the dies on hand. Now I just need a press.

The one down side, which turned out not to be a major problem (this time), is that our local idiot post office has a big problem differentiating my address with another address that is one word different: they apparently have difficulty distinguishing the word "valley" from "hollow." They sent this huge package of ammo to the wrong address. This happens frequently, but not usually with something quite this critical. We usually just put a note with the item (usually a bill or junk mail) that it has been sent to the wrong address and stick it back in the box. This time the other fellow drove by here and dropped it off himself. I'm just glad he wasn't nosey enough to open it.

No comments:

Post a Comment