Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The professionals will protect us

Professionals like Denny Gulla:
Buckley Officer Ryan Boyle wrote in his report that he asked Gulla the reason for the stop. He got no answer, and noticed that Gulla was upset, so he went to speak with Kelly.

As they talked, Gulla came over, leaned into Kelly's window and began to yell at Kelly and Johnston. According to Boyle's report, Gulla screamed, 'You looking for my house mother-f---er? You better not be. If you're looking for my house I will kill you.'

Boyle would later tell his chief that Gulla repeatedly said, 'I will blow your f---ing brains out, do you understand me? I will take my pistol and I will shoot you in the f---ing head.'

Spit was flying from Gulla's mouth onto Kelly's face.

Kelly -- 6 feet 4 inches and 235 pounds -- was so terrified that the 5-foot 9-inch Gulla would shoot him that he wet his pants.

Gulla said he had a gun in his trunk seized from a crack head, 'a nobody, and that's what he'd use to shoot me in my mother f---ing face. And these two cops here will collaborate (sic) whatever story he says and I'll be gone,' according to Kelly.

Then, as Boyle watched, Gulla took Kelly out of the vehicle with his hands behind his back as though he was arresting him.

'I'm standing there with my fingers interlocked behind my back ... and he's just trying to get me to do something,' Kelly told investigators. 'He's making comments on my wife, just all kinds of garbage. He said something about, yeah, I'm the one f---ing your wife. ... He's just on and on about my kids, you're never gonna see your kids again. He was trying to get me to make a move or something. He wanted an excuse and he wanted it bad. I really felt like he was trying to get me to talk back. I thought he was gonna shoot me right there. I honest to God thought that this is it, I'm done.'
UPDATE: Welcome to Alphecca readers. I wanted to note that although this quote is long (longer than my usual excerpt anyway), it is only about one-third of the full article, so be sure and read the whole thing. Also note that these reports were not only from someone this officer had allegedly harrassed--part of it is also from another police officer, who undoubtedly operates under a much higher standard than this scum.