Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kids

Today during some down time I showed my 9-year-old daughter the basics of Excel. She thought it was pretty cool how you could reference cells. When I showed her how to reference a whole other worksheet, you'd have thought she had just discovered fire or something.

Within 15 minutes she had figured out how to create graphs.

I further impressed her by showing her some conditional formatting.

Come to think of it, the when I first started using Lotus 1-2-3 (for DOS, of course), I thought it was pretty cool, too.

Sometimes kids are so easy to impress. I'll miss being able to do that when she gets older.

1 comment:

  1. When the Revolution comes and all the Microsoft drones are shoved up against the wall next to Gates and shot, the Excel crew will be spared for maintaining the one useful non-bloated piece of MS software.

    The Word crew will be shot twice...

    ReplyDelete