Sunday, June 22, 2008

Other things...

I've started playing around with Shelfari. As with other projects, it seems to take me away from this blog, although not necessarily from blogging in general.

This blog is not what it used to be. I have decided to follow the example of some other bloggers and make a clean break rather than try to transform this blog into something other than what it has become. It will remain here as a sort of central point for other projects and occasional personal posts, but I don't expect to be as active here as I used to be.

So if anyone wants to follow me into other ventures, that's fine. If not, that's fine too.

And if anyone thinks I've lost heart or wimped out with a lack of "serious" topics, well, that's not exactly true. More than a year ago, when I was trying to find a new job, I seriously contemplated deleting this blog and continuing on anonymously. So I started an anonymous blog. Although it isn't terribly active, there is nothing frivolous there. It's my rant blog. Someday I may decide to out myself, but for now I'll just leave it as is. Of course if anyone goes to the trouble to figure it out, I won't be broken-hearted. I figure if I'm going to be on any big list, I'm already there from stuff I've written on this blog.

But back to Shelfari. This thing looks like a lot of fun, but could be a terrible time-sucker. I've spent most of the day today fiddling with it and starting a new blog oriented around it, called Incunabulon (which is partly a real word and partly something I made up).

Oh yeah, there are still a few blogs that I will be reading regularly, have no fear of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment