Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rain

Well, I hope no one else had to spend 4 1/2 hours getting drenched today. It was hard to believe, but it actually got worse right after I finished. It wouldn't really have mattered. I couldn't have gotten wetter if I'd been dunked in the creek. We lost an hour this morning because we had to have a "meeting." I hate meetings. We lose an hour to get 30 seconds worth of information. It was good information, though. We're getting about a $20 increase in our gas allowance.

Next album up for digitizing:
A Grant Hart solo album. He used to be one of Hüsker Dü. I only have the cassette. If I had the LP, it would be worth something. Currently going for $50 used at Amazon. Even the used cassettes are bringing around $10.

Zatarain's jambalaya with Holmes Smokehouse pecan-smoked sausage for supper tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Ye cats. John and I were just looking at the pecan smoked sausage the other day and wondering how it was. Any good? --Brer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The pecan makes a mellower, smoother sort of smokiness than the usual hickory or mesquite. I've used it myself a couple of times. You can usually get the big hunks for barbecuing at HEB.

    ReplyDelete