Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Report from Box 318

Why didn't I take a picture of the outside of this place with my phone? I just didn't think about until I got home.

When I pulled up to the polling place today there were 14 cars outside, including my own and the poll workers'. There were two people ahead of me in line. I was finished and gone in less than 5 minutes.

For the past few years they've had one voting machine there, and you could choose between using that or paper. There was no machine today, it was paper only. I'm guessing the powers-that-be determined that it would be more urgently needed at some other place with a higher population density.

Now, all that said, I have never seen that many cars parked there at once for any election. This was the first time I've ever had to choose an actual parking spot, rather than just pulling up and stopping wherever I happened to be.

Other than that, it was just another quiet election day at Box 318.

No comments:

Post a Comment