Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thoughts on today's work

1. I am continually astounded (astounded, I say) at how many discarded condoms I see lying around, everywhere I go.
  • I am astounded that so many people are apparently having sex anywhere and everywhere, with little regard for their location or surroundings.
  • I am astounded that such people have the thoughtfulness and foresight to use condoms.
  • I am astounded that although they seem to know how to use a condom, they apparently have not yet figured out how to use a trash can.
2. I continue to be disappointed at the way that kids behave. Not little kids. They always want to know who I am, what I'm doing, how my little handheld computer thingy works, what my name is, and so forth. It's the teenagers. What a bunch of surly dipwads they are. And don't try to fall back on that "don't talk to strangers" nonsense. That's just an excuse you've been programmed with to avoid critical thought and on-the-spot decision-making. Also: a Tootsie-Pop is not a suitable breakfast. This means you, Juwana. Old people are always the friendliest, even when we don't share a common language.

3. The reason I have to read even a dead meter is because it's there. That's what I do. If it's there, I read it. If it's not there, I don't read it. It really is just that simple. If you don't like it, have it removed. There is no other solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment