Saturday, June 06, 2009

Ennui

I have had a sort of tradition of watching Saving Private Ryan every June 6, but I skipped it this year. I don't think I'm quite ready to watch it again just yet.

I spent a lot of time today doing some cleaning up of my mp3 collection: deleting duplicates, downloading or scanning album covers for thumbnails, and so forth. Also been listening to a lot of stuff I'd downloaded from Amazon and hadn't gotten around to playing yet. They've released a few decent samplers lately in jazz and Indian music. One that was particularly odd is the Savoy Jazz Free Sampler. All the tracks have bad pops & clicks as if they were ripped from old vinyl. I don't know if they really did do a vinyl rip or if the clicks were added to make it sound "old." But it seems strange that they would put out even a free collection that sounds this bad. I don't like to screw around with mp3s, since it is a lossy medium, but I might have to work this bunch over to see if I can make it sound better. Other than that, it's a pretty good collection of traditional, historical jazz pieces.

Watched some more "Land of the Lost" with the kids today. Otherwise I have just been enjoying not being outside in the heat. Working in the summer gets me down. I think I might suffer from seasonal depression, except I get it in the summer instead of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment