Friday, June 05, 2009

And the word of the day is...

I saw this movie on TV when I was a kid (8 years old!), and I remembered it as being hilariously funny and downright weird. Through the years I would think of it now and then, and wonder if it was only funny because I was a dumb kid.

Well, it's still funny. In fact, I think it's funnier now that I can appreciate some of the more (cough) "subtle" jokes. Boy, Netflix was a great invention.

I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to superimpose "HAVOC" over the screen for about 30 seconds, but it's definitely funny.

"Boss, they've got midgets!"

"Well, aim at their little hearts."

If you've never seen Evil Roy Slade, you should. Starring John Astin, also with Dom DeLuise and Milton Burle, and a wagon load of character actors that will have you saying "oh that guy" throughout the movie.

Another strange thing about this movie is that for years I was haunted by this fleeting image of a guy whose guitar was also a gun, but couldn't remember the movie I'd seen it in. Now I know.

2 comments:

  1. "Another strange thing about this movie is that for years I was haunted by this fleeting image of a guy whose guitar was also a gun, but couldn't remember the movie I'd seen it in."

    Are you sure it wasn't this movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it was Evil Roy Slade because I remembered the scene where he accidentally shot the bow off the woman's head. I've never seen "Fastest Guitar Alive."

    ReplyDelete